Sunday, May 13, 2012

To my amazing mother

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed this beautiful Sunday, and actually got off their butts and did something spectacular for their mom's. Seriously, people. Let's not be those lame people who make the excuse "She's too hard to shop for" or "She's never satisfied with anything I do for her." It's just sad. The only reason I am blog yelling at you is because I don't get to be home for this joyous occasion, so the best I can do is send a lame text message saying "Happy Mother's Day, mom. Love you." I mean, how lame is that? If I were my mom, I would have verbally slapped me in the face! I wish I could have been home to make my amazing mother breakfast in bed, or make one of those cheesy cards that all kids do when they forget that its the Saturday before Mother's Day and all they have time and money to do is pull out a piece of card stock and write a little poem. And we all know that only a mother would like those cards. That's the beauty of it :). I wish I could have been with all my siblings so we could have planned an amazing day, even though my mom is too stubborn to let us do anything for her anyway. I guess that whole plan would have gone to waste anyway. 




Seeing as it is Mother's Day, I thought I would devote this post to my incredible mom. What an amazing person she is. Seriously. I don't know how she does it. I want to thank her for everything she has done, does, and will do for me. She was the one we could all count on for every little thing. I think she's got a supernatural brain that can remember everything you say to her about school parties and performances, ballet schedules, church assignments and friend plans. . . or she just keeps a really good to-do list and has a planner that could practically be published as a documentary of our lives. She will forever be known as the anal clean freak, but I hope she knows that all of her kids profusely thank her for it. She is the woman who counts the spoons and runs around the house looking for it if there's one missing. She's the mom who remakes your bed after you've already made it, just because it's probably not good enough for her. She is the 3 times counter cleaner and the "rinse the dishes completely before putting them in the dish washer" lady. She is the vacuum at 11 o clock on a Saturday night, laundry every Thursday, and wash the bedding monthly kind of mom. Thank you for giving me one of the best examples of cleanliness that could have ever been, even though I am probably not following it. . . I haven't made my bed once this semester :) But don't tell my mom!
I want to thank my mom for always being there for me. She was the one you could always talk to when you were having a bad day and she would explain how it could all get done. Even living half way across the nation, she never fails to make me feel better. And even though, sometimes I get mad because she makes everything sound so simple and easy, I'm glad that she will listen to my complaints and help me figure out how to overcome my challenges. I love talking to her on the phone, just listening to what she's doing (which is usually cleaning or organizing something that's completely unnecessary) or laughing at her ridiculous jokes. She thinks she's pretty funny :). But, usually we are only laughing at her getting hysterical over something really lame haha! She has always encouraged me to follow my dreams and has made so many sacrifices so that I can live away from home to pursue ballet. I'm so lucky to have a mother who wants me to be happy, even if it means being criticized for favoring me over all her other kids :) whoops. . oh well.
I know everyone says this, but my mom is the most amazing mother a person could ask for. And my mom trumps all other moms. Just try and beat her; you can't. She can handle all of our crazy schedules, cook dinner, work two jobs, keep the house clean and still find time to look beautiful every day. If I had to deal with all that, I would look like a mess. I probably wouldn't even brush my hair in the morning haha! She can always make me laugh, even when I'm in a bad mood and I've had a really long day. I just call her up and she'll say something really ridiculous and I just burst out laughing. Then she'll rub it in my face that she got me to laugh :) I love that. I know this is probably bad to say, but I love gossiping with my mom. haha!! We could talk for hours about the latest news or the newest secret, even though we probably shouldn't be talking and gossiping about people :). I hate that she's good at everything. She can decorate wedding cakes like a pro and whip up an amazing dinner like a freaking chef! She keeps a planner religiously and scrapbooks beautifully. She can handle a truckload of stress and remembers to do everything for everyone. She will go out of her way to make someone else happy and fulfills all her church duties, even when it's probably not worth it. She writes calligraphy and makes a dirty kitchen look brand new with just some hot water and a sponge. Best of all, she has given us all some of the greatest memories of our lives, most of them hilarious, or weird, or goofy, or just plain awkward. Those four words basically describe my mom, and that's why we love her so much. She's not afraid of speaking her mind, even if it means losing friends or running the risk of her entire family making fun of her, which is usually what happens :) haha.
She is an incredible person and I am so thankful that I have her in my life. I look forward to so many more great times with her, learning and laughing and working together. I am so excited to see her in the next two weeks!! I owe her everything and I am glad to have such a good role model in my life. Love you so much, Mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment