Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Final Weekend

You know it's been a good weekend when you're sitting in bed on Sunday night, trying to wake yourself up from a 4 hours nap.. what the heck just happened!! The last thing I remember is sitting down, excited to watch the newest episode of Breaking Pointe. The next thing I know, I'm laying in a pool of drool, my hair is a mess, and it's 7:30 pm. Not only did I waste my entire afternoon, I missed almost the whole episode! Now I've got to watch the whole thing again. Plus, I know for sure I won't be able to fall asleep for a very long time. Oh joy :) But, I guess I really did need that nap. I'd like to say I was so tired from all the partying I did on Saturday night, but I think it's more safe to say that my exhaustion is related to all the hours of dancing I've been doing the past three weeks. All in all, it was necessary. Thank goodness for a good nap.. and for the fact that I've only got 4 more days of heavy duty dancing left!

Seeing that I'm going home this Saturday, this past weekend was my last one! It's all bittersweet. I literally cannot wait to go home, but I've had such a good time here and I've made some lifelong friends, for sure. I can proudly say that my final weekend was quite the success, even it if wasn't constant partying all the time. Sometimes, the best weekends involve a lot of hanging out in your room, watching Inception and facebook stalking the crap out of all the new friends you have from Ballet West. That is seriously one of the best thing about going to a summer intensive. It's like thousands more pictures for you to look at when it's late at night and you have nothing else better to do... I know it's sad, but let's be honest. We all do it. Don't lie! So, that basically sums up my Saturday afternoon. There was lots of laying around in bed, a little bit of cleaning up my half of the room so that my roommate wouldn't wring my neck in my sleep. I apologize for the mess I've been leaving everyday :) But, sometimes it just makes more sense to leave my bed unmade and my clothes in a pile on my desk, especially when I'm too exhausted to even think about it after my classes are over. At about 10 o clock, I got sick of sitting in bed and actually hung out with people for a little bit. And, once I can find the motivation to actually leave my dorm room, it is usually worth it! The problem is always getting out there. I've really gotta start working on that... we just sat and talked and painted our nails, but it was just fun to have a good time for a little bit of time at least! Saturday morning, I went to the school directors adult ballet class downtown at the Capitol theater. I felt so hip taking class in the same place that all the company members take class everyday. Plus, it just felt good to be taking class on a Saturday morning at a reasonable hour, in comparison to our regular 9 o clock class everyday. Seriously, bodies work much better at 10:30. Just saying. But, class went really well. I loved his class, ridiculously fast tendus and dreadfully slow fondues and all!
All my girls before the dorm dinner. Lookin spiffy :)


Friday night was when the real partying happened. It was the dorm dinner so we all got dressed up in our cutest dresses and finest suits, or whatever else those boys decided to pack to come to the summer intensive, and headed out to the city to eat dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. I was lucky to be able to sit with all my favorite girls and enjoy an amazing meal (and I mean AAAmazing, when you're comparing it to the dorm food we've been eating for the past three weeks. Food actually has flavor, apparently! Crazy, i know!). We devoured three loaves of bread in about a minute and scarfed down some ridiculously good pasta. And, if that wasn't enough to satisfy a starving dancer, we got a small little bowl of italian ice cream. We all know that I was hoping for an entire pint, but that little bowl did the trick. I had a really good time, just laughing and talking and, all the while, stuffing my face. That is one dang good combination if you ask me! Wow, I'm beginning to realize that basically all my weekends involve me explaining how much I love food... I must have a problem.

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir at the Conference Center. So amazing!!

Today, though, was probably my favorite day, despite having to wake up at 7:30... kill me. Considering the early hour that we were forced to get our butts out of bed, a fairly large group of us went down to Temple Square this morning to listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in a sort of 4th of July themed broadcast. One of the singers in the choir actually is a pianist for Ballet West, so after the broadcast was over, we met him and he gave us a full tour of temple square. We walked around the visitors centers and the Conference building. We saw the big reflection pool in front of the temple and went inside the tabernacle. There is just a cool feeling there and I love being able to experience all the church history that is there. I loved seeing the temple and just thinking how much was sacrificed to build it really puts into perspective how converted the pioneers were to this church. I think the coolest part of today, apart from seeing one of my favorite temples, was seeing how interested all of the other dancers were in the church. They were asking so many questions, and honestly, most of them were pretty tough questions. Thankfully, I had my right hand girl, Kayley, another mormon girl whose dancing at BYU, to help me out with the ones that she definitely could answer better than me. In my defense, she's already got a year of Book of Mormon class under her belt :) I always feel so special when people want to ask me questions about my church. I love being that little missionary who clears up all the terrible ideas people have about the church. I mean, seriously, how many times do I have to tell people that mormons are not polygamists?! It's getting old people. Let's come up with some better questions, why don't we. Good thing all the dancers actually had intelligent and challenging questions for my little missionary brain :) I guess I'm a nerd or something, but that was probably the best part of the whole day!
Me and my roomie on top of the Conference Center. Love this girl :)


Well, it's late. But, unfortunately, due to my idiotic napping habits, I'm not even tired... I guess I'll just close my eyes and try to sleep.. crap. Wish me luck!! And, wish me luck in my LAST WEEK of Ballet West!! My dying little body is going to need it. Oh please oh please, left ankle, please hold up for just a few more days.. it would be much appreciated. Well, my friends, that is all I have to say. I hope it was long enough for you :) pun intended! haha. I've got rambling issues. And it's still happening. Alright, I'm stopping now.. until later
This is Kayley. My little mormon girl. I love her :) She is amazing. Did I mention I love her?



No comments:

Post a Comment