Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lazy Summertime

The fact that I haven't posted anything new in this little blog just comes to prove how lazy this summer has been thus far. I hope you all enjoyed your sojourn from reading mile long paragraphs and boring stories of my life. It sure was a long vacation from blogging for me. I just felt like there really was nothing interesting to say. I'm sure the few of you who actually read this didn't want to read boring pointless stories about me sleeping in most mornings, sitting on my fat butt for most of the day, maybe hitting the pool for a few hours a day, and then staying up far too late with my friends. Yep, that pretty much sums up the past 3 weeks! Although, I'm definitely not complaining. After some hardcore dancing for an entire month, I needed a few weeks to recover, especially since it turns out I might have had a stress fracture in my 5th metatarsal. For those of you who don't really care about anatomy, the above sentence pretty much means I overworked the outside of my foot, which really should qualify me for a few good, long weeks of laying around and watching movies :). And that is exactly what I did! haha! Not going to lie; I probably would have done the exact same thing even if I hadn't have injured my foot. I mean, come on! We all need a little vacation time, right?! I am totally justifying my lazy period and you will all have to deal with it! So there :)

Besides sleeping for 15 hours a day (ok I didn't really sleep that long, but my dad would beg to differ. He doesn't know anything though ;) ), I've done quite a bit of swimming at our neighborhood pool and I have actually tried to start running again. I used to love running, but maybe that's because I was running at sea level, which means I could actually go a whole mile without literally collapsing on the floor and dying a little bit. You'd be surprised how much easier it is to breathe when you're a mile lower in altitude. I miss the oxygen... So I've been trying to get myself into the habit again, but it's quite the effort when I know that I won't be able to breathe and my brother will be totally showing me up the whole time. I sort of hate him for being so in shape. I mean, I'm in shape, but it's a different kind of "in shape." I hate to burst everyone's bubbles, but dancers don't really get a lot of cardiovascular activity. Most of what we do is anaerobic. We go for about 5 minutes and then stand there for 5 minutes while our teachers scream at us for sucking so bad, and then repeat for hours and hours on end. Seriously. Welcome to my life :) I'm sure living it right! haha! But, I really want to work on some cross training while I'm taking this time off from dancing. Let's just hope I can get off the couch long enough to put on my tennis shoes and run a few miles a day! Now, that's just dreaming :)

Now, don't think I've just been sitting around all day. Ok maybe that's just half true :) Believe it or not, despite the above statements, I've actually been working on my summer bucket list!! I knew you would all be wondering about my progress in my efforts to actually have an interesting summer. I still have a lot to do, but I'm surprised about how much I've already done so far. 14 down and 24 to go, and I still have about 5 weeks of summer left, so I think I can still do it. I just need to find some people as crazy as me to pull all-nighters with and go paintballing and have poker nights with! If you can find anyone that fit this criteria, just let me know :). I'm in dire need of them! I still have to figure out where I'm going to pick berries and how on earth I am going to be able to stay up all night. Seriously, who actually has the will power to get through the whole night without drifting off? I guess most people just down cans of caffeine to do it, which is always an option I guess haha! Somehow, I've got to figure out how I'm going to wake up early enough to watch the sunrise and how I'm going to find the motivation to watch all 8 Harry Potter movies in one day. I don't think I anticipated how much effort and time I would need to devote to complete all these crazy activities. But, I've committed myself to this insane list and so, for the sake of calling this summer successful, I must do it! Wish me luck!!

Well, I guess my lazy summer is officially over. I had my break and now it's time to start getting off my butt and doing something with my life :) FINE!! haha. I am proud to announce to you all that I got my first real job today! And my dad thought I was a lost cause. I have finally proved him wrong that you can't get a job just submitting an application and waiting for their phone call. A few weeks ago, I put in my resume to a little place called PostNet across the street from my neighborhood and they called me today and told me they wanted to offer me a job! Thank goodness I will be making some real money... at least for the next 5 weeks. That's good enough for me! So I guess this means I have to put on real clothes before the afternoon hours and get over to my job everyday. Darn it... but, I am so lucky to get this job, seeing as I am only going to be home for another month or so. So, thank you PostNet!!

That's pretty much all there is to report. It really has been a lazy 3 weeks. It was a lovely vacation from the real world, and now I have to get back into it again. Hopefully, my life will be a little more interesting from here on out and I'll have a little more to say the next time I blog. Thank you for all reading all the pointless crap I have to say. It makes me so happy when I log onto my blog site and see how many people care to look at my page. I love knowing that people like reading what I have to say, even if it is usually really dumb or boring. Thanks for reading about my life anyway!! I love being able to write it all out on here. It's sort of like my therapy haha! Without all the crazy therapists and funny smelling couches...

No comments:

Post a Comment