Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Adventures of a Not-So Typical Friday Night

I am pleased to announce that I have figured out how to finally put pictures into my blog, so you will no longer have to be bored to death by my frequent run-on sentences and paragraph after paragraph of words that I think to be more charming than they actually are. Hopefully, this incredible addition of pictures will make my uninteresting and utterly long stories that much more enjoyable to read about. Thank goodness for my friends and their ridiculous habits of taking far too many pictures than socially appropriate and for actually owning cameras in the first place. Yes, it's sad to say, but I do not have my own camera and I am missing so many memories that should be captured in this exciting time in my life, unfortunately, my cute little red "point and shoot" has taken its grave after a much traumatizing event in my black hole of a purse. Once something goes into that over-sized bag, it has a hard time finding its way out again. So, as you could have probably guessed, I threw my camera into my purse, it stayed hidden in there for a few weeks, next thing I knew, I dug and dug for it, only to find a little red camera with many pieces missing. The button you push to actually take the picture was nowhere to be found and the lens was only half closed. The initial response was very angry and very loud. I had a little rant, then gave a truly inspired eulogy about how much I loved that camera, recalled old memories  and all, then I laid it to rest. Poor camera never knew what was coming to it.

It has been a week since my last posting. We left off with a sad tale about my not being able to perform in New York, but after a week filled with mixed feelings, frequent second guessing and many conversations with friends, I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to let it affect how I view myself or my future career. Honestly, the whole thing is just for scholarship opportunities at different schools and it really won't help me get a job in any company. So that's that. Things have finally gotten back to normal since the big let down. It's back to the regular class, regular rehearsal schedule, thank goodness. But, in an attempt to keep some good friends that I made during the trip to Connecticut, I decided to organize a bit of a party on Friday night. Nothing too crazy, but of course, there would be lots of food to munch on while we partied hard. . . which translates to watching random videos on youtube and catching up on some awesome America's Next Top Model episodes. I don't know why, but whenever that show comes on, it comes on in a freaking marathon. We practically watched a whole season in one night because they kept playing more and more episodes, all the while consuming way too many calories for the best interests of one's thighs. I didn't think it was possible to grow a jean size in one night, but I think that is exactly the tragedy that has befallen me. My friend and I bought 3 pizzas, we made chocolate stuffed raspberries, no-bake energy bites (compliments of Pinterest and it's incredible recipes and for the people who obsess and spend hours on it everyday) and my roommate provided the chips and salsa. I don't think I've ever had a food baby so large.
Here is a picture of all of us creating our magical, drool inducing, tasty treats before we all, literally, stood around the food table and ate everything in sight. To be completely cliche, I will now insert one of those stupid hashtag messages: #life of a poor, starving dancer. When you live on your own and are forced to cook and shop for yourself, you hardly ever have the luxury of all these fantastic dishes and therefore, you obviously are enforced to over consume on all things yummy when they are available. That is my excuse, and I am sticking to it.

Of course, next comes the sugar rush, which brings along with it bouts of crazy laughing for no good reason and the unquenchable urge to run to the grocery store at 9 o'clock at night in order to make a cinnamon roll cake, which was absolutely necessary at the time, for some reason. Looking back now, I think I could have done without making a cake, but heck, it was totally worth it. We all put on the most ridiculous clothes we could find. Half of us were in pajamas, the other half were in unflattering sweats and jackets. The crown jewel, Courtney, decided it was a good idea to wear a skirt around her neck, just for the heck of it. Welcome to the life of odd teenagers who do crazy things at night and don't really know why. There is just something about the perfect combination of sugar, late nights and being with a group of totally irresponsible people that makes you dress up in ridiculous clothes, take hundreds of unattractive pictures and do stupid things in grocery stores. As it always does, the shopping trip took at least an hour. It took 10 minutes or less actually getting the ingredients we needed to make the cake and the other 50 minutes to goof off, run through the isles and laugh hysterically at the stupidest things. Oh the joys of being young and reckless. .

We hurried home after our adventure in the grocery store and began to make one of the most amazing cakes I have ever eaten. Just imagine the perfectness of a cinnamon roll and a cake combined in one. Ya, things don't get much better than that if you ask me.

Here is a picture of the completed project. Heaven in an 8x8 pan.

The best part of it all was just hanging out in the kitchen, listening to pandora music and taking naps on the floor waiting for the oven to be preheated. Power naps are the key to success when it comes to staying up til 2 in the morning. That is one thing that adolescence has taught me. And I can be sure that this tool will be utilized during my college experience and throughout my early 20's.

We spent the rest of the evening, and by that I mean it was 1 o'clock in the morning, watching TV, eating our cake and thinking about how we were going to be able to take ballet class the next morning. It is the worst feeling in the world knowing that you have to put your hair up in a bun, stuff your huge butt into a pair of tights and a leotard and get to class in just a short few hours. Its like the most intense ultimatum ever. You can either go straight to bed and hope you wake up to your alarm or you can continue to facebook stalk people until your too tired to keep your eyes open. . .and then wake up late for class and rush over looking like a total mess. I usually opt for the second option, which is usually why people probably think I don't care what I look like. In most cases, this is actually true. Why would you put on make up just to sweat it off?? Why would you put on jeans and a nice shirt just to stuff them into your dance bag for the rest of the day? The smartest and best way of doing things is just to put on some mascara, throw on some sweat pants and head over to class where your just going to look gross anyway. And that is my word of advice for the day. I have just given all people an excuse to not care about what they look like when they go to the gym or even to the mall. Your welcome :)

Well, as usual, I have procrastinated all the things I needed to do this weekend til the last minute. It is now sunday afternoon and I must get to business doing everything that should have been done on Friday and Saturday. Great job, Kaitlan. Therefore, I must now end this post and leave you with a short goodbye.
Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment