Saturday, March 31, 2012

There's Nothing Better Than the Weekends

I woke up this morning and realized I hadn't written in my blog for the past two weeks, even though I actually had some worthy stories and experiences to write about. And I could start out this post with a long, meaningless excuse about how I am going through some mind blowing tragedy that kept me from my laptop for two weeks, but that would be a lie. So, I've decided to just be honest and tell you that I'm suffering from a bad case of "I'm really behind in school and I'm using every passing moment to vigorously catch up before I'm supposed to graduate in May." That is a legitimate excuse, if you ask me. I don't know how it happened, but I got really unmotivated this past month and I guess it sounded like a good idea at the time to just procrastinate in all my classes. Now that I've gained complete consciousness, I am suffering the terrible consequences of my totally idiotic actions. And that means hours of homework on the weekends, late nights and early mornings of boring note taking and tedious project completions. I am even spending my entire spring break working from dusk til dawn just to get to the place where I am supposed to be in all my classes. Talk about a nightmare. . Boy, am I gonna have a blast.

But, despite my brain being on a constant treadmill, going from school work to ballet back to school work, I can still find just a tiny bit of joy in knowing it's the weekend. There is seriously nothing better than a lazy Saturday morning after a late Friday night with friends. While usually, you can find me in my room, sitting in my bed, staring into my laptop on the weekends ( I don't know what's wrong with me, but I quite enjoy being antisocial and watching How I Met Your Mother by myself into late hours of the night), I actually do get out of my bed and into normal clothes from time to time. To prove I am telling the truth, I have decided to devote this post about the amazingness of weekends to last Saturday, my friend's birthday.
 We all planned on going out to dinner at Serendipity's, only the best and coolest restaurant in the world, and it only exists in DC and New York, which just makes it that much more exclusive, but since there are like over 20 people in our class and restaurants usually hate big groups of obnoxious teenagers who don't tip well and all ask for separate checks, we had to find a different place to eat. My friend ran across this cute little Thai place that would serve a big group like ours, so we made reservations. Saturday night came and two of my closest friends came over to get all dolled up and to help me pick clothes I actually look decent in. I guess I'm not very good at shopping for clothes that look good on me or wearing combinations of clothes that work together. I need to hire a personal shopping and dresser if I am ever going to make it as a fashionista. Then, we drove out to go to dinner, which turned out to be a bigger fiasco than originally planned because DC wasn't smart enough to make big parking lots so finding a place to park your car can be a freaking disaster, filled with screaming, swearing and sometimes crying. . . it's quite emotional. But, we finally made it in, and dinner was spectacular. Since I wasn't very hungry, I just ordered a Pina Colada, but it was really good. I think that is sort of my trademark: going out to a restaurant and just ordering a dessert or just ordering a drink. I have a complex of not wanting to spend unnecessary money when I don't have to, and going to eat at automatically means you're going to spend at least $15, which is practically half of my grocery bill for the week. Nope, not happening. So, a $4 drink becomes much more appealing to me.

To say the least, we all had a blast. Everyone was being crazy and laughing; I'm sure the waitresses were just dying to get us out of there as soon as possible so everyone in the restaurant didn't have to be annoyed out of their minds anymore. But, we didn't care. We were too busy taking ridiculous pictures and cracking unnecessary jokes and consuming too many calories for our own good. That is the beauty of being an immature adolescent. I hope I never have to grow up. After proficiently pissing off some restaurant owners and overloading a perfectly good camera with unattractive pictures, we went for round two at a frozen yogurt place next door. I mean, what better way to finish off a meal than with a bowl of frozen heaven topped with some more heaven in the form of chocolate, fruit and caramel sauce?! There simply is no better way. As it is with all large groups, there wasn't enough chairs for all of us at one table, so we all snagged the nearest seat and scooted all around to form a huge circle, which probably made some more store owners mad. I think we made a lot of people very angry that night, but whatever. We shared some hilarious stories about our ballet teachers and laughed about the good old memories, while scarfing down the most perfect combination of oreo, coconut and cheesecake frozen yogurt. I had so much fun and I can't wait to do it again. Although, I do love my antisocial weekends where I can wear my pajamas and watch movies from my bed. Hmm, decisions decisions. . .

Well, I must be off. I have the pleasure of watching General Conference today and tomorrow online. And even though it's a very long broadcast, I love listening to all the prophets speak and I have a weird obsession with taking notes. I don't know why, but it makes me happy. Don't make fun of the nerd who will be spending the next four hours speedily writing down everything every speaker says. It's going to be awesome. With my spring break coming up with next week, I am hoping to use my mental breaks from dragging hours of school to blog a little bit, so expect to hear from me soon!

Until then, your ballerina to be. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment